Author Topic: GP2 Clip Fitting Carbs Wanted for Arrow racer project  (Read 577 times)

R(Jess)James

GP2 Clip Fitting Carbs Wanted for Arrow racer project
« on: October 24, 2020, 09:37:15 PM »
Can anyone help me source a pair of Amal GP2 Clip Fitting carbs  1 1/8" , 1 3/16" or 1 532"for a project I'm working on to build a replica Arrow racer of the machine ridden by Mike O'rourke to 7th place in the 1960TT.      Two engines were developed and tuned by Hermann Meier for the original Arrow that I believe was broken up circa 1971 in the Winsford area of Cheshire.  fortunately one of the engine crankcases has survived and I'm using this as the basis for the Replica.  I've been searching on and off for a few years now for a suitable pair of GP2 Clip Fitting carbs without success but I believe that a pair will be on a shelf or hanging by a piece of string from a nail in someones shed somewhere, can you help me locate such carbs.   Looking for Clip Fitting not Flange fitting carbs.      Many Thanks.    Jess   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 01:52:56 PM by R(Jess)James »

Phil Davies

• Forum Member
Re: GP2 Clip Fitting Carbs Wanted for Arrow racer project
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
If it helps any,
The clip fitting bodies are the same as the flange fitting long body, except the flange has been machined off and an additional groove machined in for the retaining clip.
You'll probably find flange long body types (mainly for Norton, I believe) easier to obtain and then modify.

Cheers Phil

R(Jess)James

Re: GP2 Clip Fitting Carbs Wanted for Arrow racer project
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »
Thanks Phil,   Have been thinking of doing that, I've got a pair of flange fitting GP2 carbs but it seems a bit criminal to machine the flange off having survived this long, but, I might just have to.     Jess