Author Topic: bike wanted  (Read 609 times)

Neil Vicars

• Forum Member
bike wanted
« on: October 25, 2020, 11:29:09 PM »
hi all
  dont know how successful this will be on here ,but to me its worth a try.
after a couple of years off im going back racing next year , aiming for the classic tt ( or mgp as i still like to call it) along with pre tt, barry sheen at olivers and a few crmc meets. obviously covid permitting.
   i have a classic superbike but am looking for suitable bikes for the 350 and 500 classes at the above. i know my way round bikes so condition isnt really an issue, just looking for complete race bikes at sensible money to fettle over winter.
  any help or advice greatly appreciated.
thanks for reading
  neil

Gary Abbott

Re: bike wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:18 PM »
Hi Neil

Trevor jones ( you can find him on here) had a very good championship winning 350 Bsa goldstar for sale. I think he may also have his immaculate Manx norton 500 for sale also.

Neil Vicars

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 07:28:15 PM »
thanks gary, but i feel they will be out of my price range..

cheers
   neil

Gary Abbott

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:16 PM »
Hi

I do know of two more BSA gold star race bikes for sale. A 500 and a 350, both in Seeley chassis. 

Both are great bikes.  The 500 was run this year in CRMC and the owner is refreshing the engine ready for sale.  Knowing the owner, the bike will be in outstanding ready to race condition.

The 350 was raced in CRMC in 2019 and the owner retired after an off at Snetterton. I believe the bike sustained little damage and has been repaired.

Not sure on exact price. Can provide contact details if required.

Neil Vicars

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
hi gary
thanks and could you pm me contact details please

thanks

neil