Author Topic: Honda VFR  (Read 732 times)

Andy Challis

• Forum Member
Honda VFR
« on: February 14, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »
Hi all. I’ve a 750 sat in the garage, my next racing project. What mods are required to turn this into something that resembles a race bike? My initial thoughts being wheels, forks, callipers, 520 chain conversion, shock & length, high level link pipe & can. Where do I get race fairings/seat units & screens from? Rear sets? I run race shift so a linkage is required.
All help appreciated
Andy

Rob Wittey

Re: Honda VFR
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
Depends on your budget really, you can run std wheels with avons, better fork springs and a shock or go all out with different wheels, forks and brakes etc.

I can supply race bodywork, rearsets, shocks and advise on the build, happy to help

Ken Perch

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
Before you consider doing any major changes you need to decide what club you wish to race it with. Having done that speak to the eligibility officer to establish what is acceptable.
No point spending shed loads of money to make the fastest, best handling VFR special if there are no clubs available to race it with.

If you want to compete with more than one club prepare it for the more restrictive rules. No point fitting 45mm forks if one club you wish to compete with won't allow them. Please note I know nothing about fork sizes but have used this as an example solely for illustrative purposes..

Stef Dilley

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 05:44:02 PM »
Hi

I have one for sale if your interested, ready to go, CRMC registered. I used the bike in BHR in 2019.after a total rebuild.

I can provide you more details if interested. I bought a bike for 1500 quid and by the time I'd finished I was at 4K down.
Forks reworked, new shock, body work and paint, tyres, brakes calipers/wheels M/C hoses), wheels and it goes on and on.

Looking for 3k if your interested, not advertised as yet to any degree due to Covid lockdown etc.

Cheers

Stefan

Andy Challis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 08:30:48 PM »
Stefan, you have PM