Author Topic: DCM framed Yamaha 500 for sale.  (Read 526 times)

Adrian Baker

• The Suzuki T20 website - racing, restoring, whatever!
DCM framed Yamaha 500 for sale.
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »
Hi all
This bike is a mates project that I was helping him with. Its nearly ready for racing, but his serious illness means it won't be possible to finish it. 😢

I'll post photos when I can get to see him, but here's a YouTube video of when we first fired it up.

https://youtu.be/XOLJvE9NC-0

Its really nice and as my mate is a gunsmith, the work done is perfect - he's a real perfectionist.

Hand made large oil tank, TZ forks etc. He has a high lift cam too - which he'll probably throw in.
Looking for best offer of over £3k. Sadly, it has to go.
Classic Race bikes should be genuine Classic Bikes, not look-a-like modern replicas!

Adrian Baker

Re: DCM framed Yamaha 500 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:59:24 PM »
Update:
My good friend, whose bike this is, died a few days ago. As such, photographs and further info about it will be delayed somewhat.
Email me on t20suzuki@gmail.com if you're in a hurry and I'll see what I can do.
Adrian
Classic Race bikes should be genuine Classic Bikes, not look-a-like modern replicas!

tony smith

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I ahve sent you a privat message.
tonysmithracing@orange.fr

Adrian Baker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 05:44:25 PM »
Hi all. More details:

This is a Classic Race bike project that a good friend was working on. Sadly he became ill a couple of years ago and died recently - hence it was never quite finished off. The owner was a precision engineer and gunsmith and so everything was made absolutely spot on!
- DCM frame with XT 500 engine
- TZ350 Forks and yokes
- Rear shock set up by Harris Racing
- beautifully fabricated large capacity oil tank
- Has a full race fairing, although not shown in the pictures.

Potentially this is a superb Post-Classic race bike with exceptional handling.
It is looking a little sad for itself in the pics, but it has been parked up in a shed for nearly three years. The assembly though was done to a high quality with the expectation of doing the painting/ finishing next. 

The bike can be seen here:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1337717